Dadsquared's first contributing blogger, Alison Aucoin



So community is a word we use often here at Dadsquared.

It is how we began, as a community for men like me finding ourselves in varying degrees of being or becoming fathers, gay fathers.

Community is what has shown itself time and time again as hands have been extended, ideas have been exchanged and dreams have come true.

Community it what I feel each and every time I log on to Dadsquared and find new friendships forged, see pictures of new babies born or hear of everyday acts of heroism.
Within our community live the fiercest of warriors and the gentlest of souls.

A community is what we have created and happily it has grown to include some of our amazing sisters in arms.
Mothers, sisters, daughters and friends.

If you know anything about me you know that I am a momma's boy at heart, forever and always.
So its seems, not so ironically natural, that our first contributing blogger be none other than
lesbian mother and activist,
Alison Aucoin






















Alison Aucoin is the happy single (non co-parenting) lesbian mom of a 5½ year-old daughter she adopted from Ethiopia. She also runs her own consulting firm that provides organizational development, fundraising and grant writing services to non-profit organizations around the country.

With community in mind I always knew that Dadsquared could never sustain itself with just my voice.
I will be bringing on a few more writers with unique and powerful perspectives pertaining to the LGBT parenting world.

Please be on the look out for Alison's posts as we join in on her adventure.
As she recently shared with me, "the voice of single (non co-parenting) LGBT parents tends to get lost, I think all of these perspectives are important!"

And so do we.



Namaste
DS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After Eight Years A Gay Dad Can Finally Call His Boy, His Son. By Joey Troxel

Carpe Diem - Seize Your Gay Day!

The Skinny on Gay Surrogacy and India